Lookups and Lookup types
Lookups are used throughout the system to save time typing repetitive entries.
Lookup types are fixed for all intents and purposes for you as a user, as they cannot change anything useful here for you.
They are however the grouping of actual lookups, and then name is used by the lookup fields to retrieve the choice of lookups you have.
So by definition, if you want to add a lookup to a certain lookup type, then this is where you need to do it.
Warning: only some lookups are changeable, others again are fixed, but use the same system for ease for the system.
Lookups you need to set up for your use
- Bearers – a set of options selectable when setting up a funeral have been created, but you will need to set your prices for these options.
- Branch – if you have multiple branches, then you will probably want to list them all here, so you can select the office per funeral.
- Car – Like Bearers, a set of options has been created, but you will want to set your prices.
- Deceased Dress – This is an information only option when setting up a funeral, edit to your requirements.
Disposal of Cremated – this is empty by default, it is a lookup that you can fill in to assist in the filling in of the form on the cremation tab within a funeral, you can add as many entries as you wish here.
- Flags – a set of flags have been entered, but edit to your requirements
- Hearse – Add as many options as you require, along with the prices of each, always leave a zero cost option as well.
- SS Card Stock – SS = Service Sheet options – only for a users information, so setup as required for all of the SS lookups.
- SS Headings
- SS Leaflet Size
- SS Method of Death
- SS Photographs
Lookups you might want to change the wording on
- Catering Caterers – Lookups that you can change, add to, the description is the option on the catering page, the details are the text printed on reports.
- Catering Venues – Lookups that you can change, add to, the description is the option on the catering page, the details are the text printed on reports.
Crem Image Option – You can change the name of this, which will change it in all locations used, you can also add to this list if you wish.
Crem Lighting Option – You can change the name of this, which will change it in all locations used, you can also add to this list if you wish.
- Hearse From – options given on the funeral page hearse from lookup. You can edit, add to this list.
Pickup to our care – this is a fixed list, and no additional lines are to be added, however, you will want to change the cost price, which automatically gets charged on relevant funerals.
- Remove to – options given on the pending deceased details remove to lookup. You can edit, add to this list.
- Static Messages – These are a fixed list of static messages, but you can edit the Details, which are the messages printed on reports when relevant.
- VAT Codes – You can change these If you so wish.
Lookups you should not change at all
- Category – this is a fixed list, and should not be changed.
Charges – this is a fixed list, and although you could change the names, there is no real reason to do this, as you will not really see these names anywhere on the main user screens.
Grave Depth – this is a fixed list, and should not be changed, the software relies on this for picking up charges for grave diggers etc..
Relationship – this is a fixed list, and should not be changed, it is an extensive list required to identify the relationship between the deceased and the next of kin entry.
Stock Types – this is a fixed list, and should not be changed.